So the holidays are over hope you all had a wonderful New Year. I got a couple of craft books for Christmas which is just perfect because tonight is the first monthly Stitch and Bitch!! I am very excited to get all my wildly crafty friends together to hang out, I am sure it is going to be a blast.
I don’t really have anything planned for this post. I recently quit smoking and have been, less than motivated lately. I know it happens to all of us from time to time but, it’s hell when you are trying to come up with content for a blog.
How about I give you the recipe for our go to appetizer. It’s everyone’s favorite and we serve it at almost every party we have.
Here’s what you need:
1/2 pound of bacon strips cut in half
1 package of cream cheese
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 loaf of thin sliced white bread
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut the crusts off the bread
2. In a food processor mix together then cream cheese with the garlic
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bread
4. Cut the bread into strips about the same width as a strip of bacon
5. Take 1/2 a bacon strip lay it on the bread strip and roll into a spiral secure with a toothpick.
6. Place on cookie sheet and bake at about 400 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes or so till the bacon is crispy and the bread is toasted.
7. Wow your friends!
Next week I will be sure to let you know how stitch and Bitch went. I’ll also post some pics of all the craft projects I have been working on to try to keep from smoking.
Wish me luck.